Sunday, December 23, 2007

Home for Christmas



I arrived in Singapore with mixed feelings. It has been an awesome trip to Cambodia and I was sad to leave but happy to be home.

Typical of a busy Singapore lifestyle, we had a Christmas Party to host the next day. Trust my dear friends (6 families) to bring EVERYTHING - the food, drinks, wine, cutlery, presents and most of all, their friendships. We gathered to celebrate God's gift to us and our 30 years of supporting each other through thick and thin.It was wonderful to see Dan and Mei who hail from Auckland. We've known each other since uni, and he said, "I have had so many happy moments at your home since the 1980s...". My best friend Simon got me a most appropriate gift, a boxer shorts with bicycles on it!

Our Christmas Service at church too was very special and meaningful. Dr Choong Chee Pang, a distinguished Professor at Beijing Uni gave the message and reminded us to consider 3 important questions:

1. Where did I come from?
2. Where am I now?
3. Where am I going?

Jesus came to answer these questions for us. He came 2000 years ago to give us life, and give it abundantly.

I learned at church that Richard, one of my folding bike friends, bought a Giant Halfway foldie on his recent trip to Taiwan. It has only one fork.
.
.
While I was away, Chris, my cycling and photography buddy, was so kind to "zhnged" my Bike Friday Tikit.

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/tikit

I can't wait to ride it!

And on Boxing Day, our 3 generation family will go up to Ascott KL to celebrate the year end, foldies in tow of course.

No comments: