Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Surprising fun in the rain






Just as I was getting out of my house at 0715 this morning, it started to pour. I called Rod and started wingeing about the rain but he said, "Alvin, don't you dare chicken out on us!" So off I went, chucking all my stuff into the waterproof Orbs with a very sleepy Celia in tow.



The light drizzle actually was quite refreshing to ride through as every cold drop on my face reminded me that I'm so blessed to be alive! I had to ride a bit slower than the rest as I had no mudguards on my Speed Pro and this got rather uncomfortable as my rear started to get wet and sandy.


I seriously need to get one set soon in this wet season. However, this was more than made up for the magnificent beauty of mist, dark clouds lighted up with orange hues and the beautiful reflections all around me.


It was indeed a photographer's paradise and it was a pity I only had a very simple PHD Canon camera with me.


I finally pulled in at Point Walter after too many stops for pics to find my 2 "young" friends grinning from ear to ear. We shared our delicious morning tea, blessed with the most spectacular scenery. A black Swan glided past us with all its poise and it was special just to see such a graceful sight.


I brought along a brand new kite hoping to have delightful action in the air but alas, there was no wind!


Rod went on to say that although the route is the same, somehow every ride is different. A definite case of "same same but different" - and for today, it was stunningly different. The tide was high too and some parts of the bike path got flooded and it was fun to ride through the waters. Ken remarked how he should have brought his folding kayak!


It was good to see so many cyclists and runners, even moms with prams, despite the wet weather - all having good fun in the rain.

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. Psalm 107:1

4 comments:

omegaforest said...

rain..what we needed here, its hot and still hot! Looks like u have no fenders on the speed pro

ChrisW said...

Nice kite Al, I am on to kite # 3 ! A 2.4 m 'bald eagle'

PencilDot said...

Hi Alvin
If you haven't heard of this, just like to like you know that our friend Paul Lim has passed away a couple of weeks ago. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150177863886950.325151.114325051949

Joshua said...

There is a guy on togoparts called Freeze selling 20 inch fender from a Dahon bike for $40. I think still available; the ad has been recurring for a while and was initially $50. U want me to try get for you? I bought his other set a while ago but no one seems to want his last set. I will be away though. see if he will keep a while.