Sunday, November 13, 2011

Life is short


I was very moved to see this 2 min video on one of my fav bike blogs, Smallwheelsbigsmile. We have 7 weeks before the year ends and time really flies so quickly. This year, I have lost 2 mates. Both cyclists. A stark reminder that indeed life is short and we must not take things forgranted.

While the video is largely a motivational one, it has some salient points that reverberates with me. Yes, it helps that everyone there is on their bicycles having fun!


1. Life is short
2. Open your mind and your heart to new things and new people
3. Travel often, getting lost will help you to find yourself
4. Life is about the people you meet, and creating things with them
5. Live your dream and share your passion

To that, I like to add that its important to know why we are given life and how to live it to the fullest. While everyone will have their own answers, or are still searching, my centres around the virtue of love. Not so much the romantic or erotic love the movies often portray but love that is deeply rooted and connected to the source of love.

Knowing that I am love unconditionally by the One who created me, gives me a sense of quiet assurance and strength to live and celebrate each day, the good as well as not so good days. Because I am loved and accepted, I in turn am able to love other people, to accept and appreciate them for who they are. And given a chance, perhaps even to add and build their lives in a small but hopefully significant way.

So even though life is short, living the way of love as He intended is long on meaning and purpose!


"I came that you may have life, and have it abundantly" - Jesus Christ, John 10:10

1 comment:

Shamiko Design said...

Thank you Al for this great post. It is so meaningful and touching. Indeed, we need to do something and do it now.

Sometimes, I feel paralyse... reading this just jolt the fear in me and make me move forward.

Not being afraid but doing what you are meant to do.
Thanks Al. You are a delight.