Monday, October 8, 2012

1994



I was pleasantly surprised when a pic of me (blue jersey, hair band) on a jetty in Karimun Island, Riau, Indonesia all the way back in 1994 popped up in Facebook recently. Those were the good old Mountain Bike times and I remembered owning 2 MTBs then, a Marin and a Bridgestone MB-3.

This trip was organised by none other than bike guru, Chris Wee (cool dude with dark glasses) who I still tour with today. Can't remember the other chappies except the guy next to me, KG, who I've been friends since 1977. Always grateful for the wonderful friends we make along our bike journey.

Those were the carefree days...  and I miss those times indeed. What were you doing in 1994?



One of the top hits for 1994 - we were all heroes then :)

1 comment:

bananamatronix said...

1994? I was 9 years old, and in the 3rd grade. Riding my green nameless BMX inspired bike to and fro my Arabic neighborhood. Ha!